I had to go through an unexpected change at the beginning of the month and since then I had to readjust myself, but spring happens to be at the same time, so I took the opportunity to make changes in different area of my life and it feels good! Here are some tips to do a total life makeover, let go of the past and feel fresh and renewed:
- Clean your entire place: This one is obvious (spring clean, duh?) but it feels great to look at your place when it’s super clean. It feels good for the mind too!
- Reorganize your closet: I reorganized my closet, it’s actually a walk in but bigger it is the messier it is, right? I have to admit, at the end, I ended up with bags and bags of clothing and shoes to donate and to throw away. Going on a shopping spree and updating your closet with a bunch of new clothes is also a major plus here!
- Change your decor: If you can afford it, it’s totally worth it! I was fed up with the color of my bathroom and I decided to change the accessories. My bathroom now feels so different! Next, I’m giving my living room a huge makeover!
- Reevaluate your life: Take some time to be alone and do an introspection of yourself. Sometimes we get so caught up in our life that we forget who we are, what we want and how to love ourselves.
- Start a new habit: I started a new habit on January 1st and I have kept it ever since. Every morning I wake up and meditate for 5 minutes. Now this month, I added a new habit right after my meditation. I started journaling. So I take my journal and write down all my thoughts and then I grab my gratitude journal and write 5 things that I’m grateful in my life. Honestly, being grateful every morning about different stuff in your life is life-changing. Instead of seeing what I’m lacking of, complaining and being negative about my life, I see abundance and everything I have and it opens your eyes on a more positive life. I feel more relaxed and happy. Keep your good habit for 21 days (because it takes 21 days to form a new habit) and after that it will be part of your routine.
- Make changes to your diet and fitness regimen: Summer is coming so it makes sense to work on your body! Leaving winter behind with all the comfort food, it’s time to clean up the diet, change things up and eat lighter and healthier. If we weren’t consistent with our diet and workout, it’s time to do so and be more disciplined. Usually in April I start jogging outside so I tend to jog 3 to 4 times per week, which is more than during winter so it pushes me to be consistent with my workouts.
- Revisit your goals: Take the time to revise your goals: where you are right now, where you want to be and what you can do to realize your goals. Life sometimes makes us drift and we lose focus, so it’s important to bring back the focus on our goals.
- Practice a releasing ritual and let go of the past: I was binge listening to a podcast recently (Awaken radio podcast with Connie Chapman) and she mentioned during one episode that a releasing ritual is a good way to release the old and let go of the past. You can simply sit down in front of some candles or in front of your altar (My friend’s boyfriend just made an altar for me and he built it from scratch and with no tools!) and you write down on a piece of paper what you want to release. It can be to release hurt, mistakes you did… basically everything that is holding you back and then you tear the piece of paper apart or flush it down the toilet and you finish the ritual with a meditation practice where you imagine yourself on how you want to be and how you want your life to be and feel it, feel the new you!
If you didn’t check my vlog #1 on Youtube yet:
Photographer: katerine Photoartiste
In Collaboration with Love of Queen